I decide to go for the Nuchal Translucency Scan. It's where they will screen and conduct a risk scenario for Down's at Week 12. I book a scan for the following week and wait as I slowly progress onto Week 12. It's scary but the ultrasound shows that everything is normal and at 13 weeks and 1 day, the baby is growing well and on track for 1st October. I think this little one is here to steal my thunder. It is afterall my 30th birthday this year and I'm hoping to celebrate with a bash. I think it's not possible now unless we want to cheers with breast milk. Kidding! I think this is going to be the best birthday present ever. We go away with a CD of baby pictures and a sigh of relief as I fit snugly into my 2nd Trimester.
Here's the first glimpse of our little bub at our first ultrasound.

No comments:
Post a Comment