My LMP (last menstrual period) suggests that I'm at week 10 when I'm at my GP's to confirm the pregnancy. He sends us off for a dating ultrasound to determine the baby's age. While at the dating scan the following week, the sonographer advises us that the baby is only 8 weeks old. We've moved back 2 weeks. Scratching our heads we realise that its not our December tryst that started it all...Grandpa Allan will be rather disappointed it's not the result of his "fertile" home.
At our 'new' 10 weeks, it's our first appointment with our Obstetrician, Dr Vujcich. I have problems pronouncing his name. I don't know how signficant that will be but in time we'll see. I'm prepped for a scan and watch with joy as we see the little heartbeat on the monitor. His machine suggests that it's more likely to be 9 weeks old. I'm stressing now. Is the baby not growing? He refers us for another dating scan to make sure. I'm back at 9 weeks and not out of 10 weeks yet. I've been stuck at 10 weeks for the last month now. He gives us a huge smile and waves us goodbye. I'm left a nervous wreck but the doctor doesn't seem fathomed by it at all.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment