The birthing video spares no one in our antenatal class. Little gasps and frantic murmurs fill the uncomfortable silence of the room as reality hits our little group of "primaries" (what the midwife calls us first-timers), of what we'll all go through. I look over at the husband and he's a strange shade of green. I quickly pat him on the arm to reassure him although I know it does nothing to alleviate his stress. He promises to stay "up there" with me which literally translates to "baby, I'm not venturing any further waist-down". I can only pray that the epidural will do its job when the time comes.
We end the week with a trip to the Pregnancy, Babies and Children's expo, collecting even more samples and 'how-to' brochures. Dodging prams of screaming babies, we brace ourselves for this whole new world that will soon be ours.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment