I will soon need to join a therapy group for the chronic online shopper. Due to my aching back and waddle, the wonderful world of online baby shopping is so much more alluring. Trust me, when it's storming with rain and hail outside, I rather like sitting at home with a nice warm cup of decaf tea, Vivaldi playing in the background and just click.
As I struggle to comprehend how much more we need to buy for the arrival of our little one, a dear friend sends round her checklist and I realise that I am utterly understocked (sigh...thanks Jo!). A bottle steriliser and a thermometer are no big deal really. We finally come round to purchasing our first big ticket item, online, of course. A portacot! Again, the husband beams with pride as he explains that it's a 6 in 1 portable cot, bassinet, change-table and I forget what else. Hopefully one of the features is to feed the baby in the middle of the night. Then he's really hit the big time with this one.
The baby is settling into a nice little routine too, sleeping pretty much most of the morning and getting active by the evening to the sounds of the TV. The sound of our voices also trigger a wriggle of activity as if taking part in our conversation. I notice my bump rocking from side to side when the baby makes a big movement like gently shaking a cup of jelly. I quickly wave the husband over and we stare at the bump in anticipation. After a long silent wait, the little breakdancer maneuvers a double flip and kick much to the amazement of the daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment